We are pleased to share with you the outcomes of our recent Ofsted inspection. In a two day inspection on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd November the school was judged to have made significant progress. Our school is improving rapidly and no longer requires Special Measures.
Y7 Supporting Learning Evening If you were unable to attend click here to view Headteacher's Presentation
Welcome from Stuart Tonks, Headteacher of The Wilnecote School
It is a very exciting time to be part of The Wilnecote School
- On 1st September 2016 we joined the Community Academies Trust, a successful group of schools that includes The Polesworth School (click here for a "Message from the CEO of the CAT")
If you want to know more about the CAT please visit the website www.community academiestrust.org
- Our 2016 exam results were the best for many years and confirm recent improvements in the quality of teaching and leadership at the school.
At Wilnecote we aspire to provide an outstanding education for your child. Joining the Community Academies Trust is an important stage in our learning journey and will help us to achieve our vision as an excellent community secondary school for the children and families in our community.
As a learning community it is important to us that we work together - students, staff, parents and our family of schools in the Community Academies Trust - to provide :-
- Excellent teaching, interesting and challenging lessons and an exciting curriculum so that students are ambitious and achieve outstanding academic, personal and social outcomes.
- An inclusive learning environment that values students as individuals and in which they feel safe, happy and well cared for.
- High expectations along with excellent relationships for learning and behaviour.
- Opportunities for students to develop their talents and skills and to broaden their horizons
The school is proud of the many successes of our students – in examinations, in the Arts, in Sport, as leaders and peer mentors and in th
e many other activities we offer. We are committed to improving the opportunities for all our students to flourish as global citizens in the 21st Century and to develop the skills of leadership, cooperation and personal responsibility.
The school is a genuine community school. The majority of young people in the area come to our school but students from across the town also come here. We remain committed to the Tame Valley Cooperative Learning Trust, a partnership of The Wilnecote School and 7 local primaries that share a common set of values and principles and a shared desire to work collaboratively and sustainably to improve the learning of young people.
The Wilnecote School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.